Strange Weather Gospel Choir is an auditioned Canberra community choir of around 50 singers whose repertoire includes gospel and spiritual songs as well as African, Indigenous, folk and contemporary pieces. It is not a religious choir and members are from all walks of life. We are united by our love of singing together in a supportive environment. As a performance choir, SWGC entertains at a variety of events and festivals in Canberra and the region.
Visit three rehearsals for free anytime to see what we are like. If you decide to join the choir, you will have a simple audition with the Musical Director. Contact our membership officer Alison directly at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. The ability to read music or prior singing experience is not required.
We meet on Wednesdays, 7-9pm at the Salvation Army Hall, corner of Elouera and Fawkner Streets, Braddon. The 2019 dates are: Semester 1: 6 February – 26 June; Semester 2: 24 July – 11 December.
What we're doing in 2019
* Kickstarter workshop for members and visitors: Fri evening 22 Feb and Saturday 23 Feb
* 'Back to the 60s' concert with the Canberra Chordsmen, Sat 23 March
(Rehearsal dates: Sat 2 March or Sun 3 March at Taylor Primary School (TBC);
Tuesday 5 March SWGC to visit CC rehearsal at Taylor PS;
Sat 16 March at Gungahlin theatre)
* National Folk Festival, 19-22 April
* National Eisteddfod August
* St Johns Community Fair 19 October
* Fundraising for a charity, Botswana High Commission, 16 November
* Christmas event/s December