Tickets for our free High Court concert, 10 Sept 1.30pm
Strange Weather Gospel Choir is a non-auditioned Canberra community choir consisting of around 40 singers whose repertoire includes gospel and spiritual songs as well as African, Indigenous, folk and contemporary pieces. Although the choir sings gospel and spiritual songs, it is not a religious choir. Members are from all walks of life and are united by the love of singing together in a supportive and inclusive environment.
The ability to read music or prior singing experience is not required; you can learn these skills along the way.
We meet on Wednesdays from 7-9pm at the Ainslie Arts Centre, Elouera Street, Braddon.
In 2017, we will rehearse over two semesters. The dates are:
- Semester 1: 1 February – 21 June
- Semester 2: 19 July – 6 December
In 2017, we will be working towards the following three collaborative performances in Canberra:
• Saturday 29 April with The Canberra Chordsmen, at the Wesley Uniting Church
• Sunday 25 June with Qwire, at the Queanbeyan Performing Arts Theatre
• Sunday 10 September with Sydney a capella group aChoired Voices, at the High Court
You can visit two rehearsals for free anytime to see what we are like. Contact our membership officer Alison directly at firstname.lastname@example.org
and she will give you more information.
See Upcoming Events below for more information.
We look forward to welcoming you soon!